Leuven, Belgium - 18. July, 2007
Hyperion Entertainment VOF is pleased to announce the immediate availability for download for registered customers of another service update of Amiga OS 4.0 which addresses some outstanding issues and introduces substantial new functionality.
The new functionality includes:
- A new ExecSG kernel. The new kernel includes, among other things:
- Support for guard-page protected stacks. Stacks will have guard pages at their bottom to prevent programs to write over innocent memory
- A new semaphore-type called Mutex that is Forbid-Free.
- Support for the new pthreads-module
- A new library that supports most of the POSIX thread (pthreads) API
- A new ELF library that implements UN*X-type shared objects and dynamic linking. Shared objects are files that are loaded during runtime of a program and become part of the program's memory image. They have access to symbols and procedures of the main program as well as any other shared object loaded.
- Amiga Python 2.5.1 is a brand-new port of the Python language interpreter. This port is implemented as a shared object, so other programs can easily interface with it. See the Python Homepage.
- The latest version of the Sirion USB stack
- Numerous bug fixes. Please consult the included documentation for more details.
We once again wish to take this opportunity to reassure our customers that development of Amiga OS 4.x continues apace on a number of platforms.